Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
It's not only easy to cook some dishes in a pressure cooker but it also speeds up the cooking time unlike cooking it on the stove top. Throw everything in there, set the desired cooking time and you'll have a wonderful dish in no time. Oh, hail the mighty pressure cooker!
When making the base of the soup, you can use chicken broth, chicken stock, others use tomato sauce. For a quick soup, I always use chicken broth, I find delicious just like chicken stock.
Sometimes I add celery to the soup because it's very and super healthy, although celery in the Philippines is not a common vegetable to add in the soup and can be costly. Since we are going to cook the chicken whole it is best to buy the smaller chicken that will fit in the pressure cooker since we need room for the vegetables too.
I prefer to melt first the broth cube before adding to the pot, I don't really know why I've been doing it, but I just think that the broth flavor won't be just on one side of the top since I can't stir the soup while it's cooking in the pressure cooker.
1 1/2 pounds of whole chicken
3 cups of cold water
1 cup boiled water (for the broth cube)
1 whole broth cube ( I use Knorr chicken broth cube)
2 medium potatoes
1 whole garlic cut into halved crosswise (do not remove the skin)
1 big onion (either white or red)
a handful of italian parsley, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice or 1/2 lemon
- Melt the broth cube in a cup with boiled water and stir until broth cube dissolves and pour in the pot
- Add the rest of the water
- Add the vegetables then add the rest of the ingredients, add the chicken last, on top of the veggies.
Make sure the water is not above the maximum capacity because overfilling might clog the vent pipe. Remove some water and vegetable if you need to.
- Cook for 10 minutes, making sure the pressure valve is sealed. Once done, let the soup rest for at least five minutes before releasing the pressure valve.
- Transfer the whole chicken into a big bowl without the liquid, (remember that the broth will still be extremely hot, you don't want the meat to overcook). Do the same with the veggies.
- Once the liquid cools down a little, serve and enjoy! ;)
Check out my recent recipe blogs:
Do you have any recipe to share? Join the contest now!
Contest: Share a recipe & get a chance to win an upvote every day for a week! (Vote depends on the quality of the content)
- One entry per steemian.
- Paste the link of your recipe under comment box (eligible entry: only content that has been created before the payout date of your post)
- Tag another Steemian who might he interested in joining the contest
- Resteem this post
Check Count Down to know when contest ends.
If you reached this far, I appreciate your time reading, it means a lot to me since not everyone reads the full content and it takes time and draining to write a full blog.
Stay tuned for more recipes!
More Recipes For You: